Refined using the feedback of real sea kayakers, the P&H Delphin MKII 155 is undoubtedly the most versatile ocean play kayak on the market.
In both appearance and performance, the P&H Delphin is entirely unique; over 45 years of Pyranha whitewater kayak innovation, infused with P&H's design heritage that dates back to 1968 has produced a sea kayak that river paddlers looking to expand their horizons will feel instantly at home in, and that allows experienced seafarers to rediscover and build upon the same excitement felt when they first took to the waves.
The Delphin MKII 155 advances the milestone modern sea kayak design of the Delphin to include a much-requested day hatch, providing a dedicated, quick-access hatch for safety gear, or allowing those embarking on longer expeditions to separate their kit appropriately. The skeg slider has also been re-located to the deck, out of the way of high-angle paddle strokes, and moulded-in fittings to take the P&H Sail Systems have been added, making it simple to take advantage of the benefits of kayak sailing for added safety, increased range and extra speed to catch more waves, and most importantly increasing the enjoyment of your time on the water!
The cockpit of the Delphin is positioned further back than in traditional sea kayak design, giving a fine balance that, in combination with the progressive bow rocker, leaves the front of the boat just kissing the water, resulting in superb manoeuvrability and excellent positioning when riding even the steepest of waves. For the Delphin MKII 155, the area around the front of the cockpit has also been re-profiled for greater comfort and connectivity.
You don’t have to be an expert to appreciate what the Delphin has to offer though; a flat hull profile at the mid-section provides confidence inspiring primary stability, and the squared-off stern increases the boat’s effective waterline and engages when forward paddling, ensuring you have enough straight line speed to keep up on short to mid-length expeditions.
When catching surf, the hard bow chines of the Delphin's hull engage quickly and make sure you’re in control and towards the smoother, front end of the wave, whilst the softer stern edges allow you to make easy course corrections and the high volume, dynamically shaped bow prevents purling by splitting and shedding water quickly, as well as helping punch through the surf on the way back out to continue the fun!
The Delphin comes as standard in CoreLite, a sandwich layer polyethylene construction with an excellent stiffness-to-weight ratio, giving an efficient hull that allows you to catch more waves and enjoy every ride.
This is the boat that allows you to get the most out of your favourite ocean playground, whether that’s tidal races, falls, rock gardens, coastal surf, or just a bit of everything.
- Perfect for ocean play and short to mid-length expeditions
- CoreLite construction with inherent buoyancy and an excellent stiffness-to-weight ratio
- Swede-form design with widest point behind seat for maximum stability with minimal hindrance to paddle strokes
- Carefully balanced stern weighting for ultimate positioning on waves
- High volume, dynamically shaped bow punches through waves and resurfaces quickly
- Ergonomically contoured deck around the paddler’s knees for increased comfort and connectivity
- Generous bow rocker prevents purling and keeps your head dry
- Hard bow chines pick up quickly for control on a wave
- Flat mid-section hull is super stable and gives unrivalled manoeuvrability
- Soft stern edges keep the boat loose and forgiving during turns
- Squared-off stern increases waterline for flat water speed and aids tracking
- Low back deck and cockpit rim allow easy rolling and re-entry
- Moulded-in fittings and strategically positioned RDFs to take the P&H Sail Systems
- Skeg slider located on deck to avoid interference with high-angle paddle strokes
- Bungee-retained, ergonomic toggle handles for comfortable carrying and safe rescues
- Market-leading KajakSport hatch covers throughout
- Lightweight and highly durable bow and double-stern foam bulkheads
- Form-fitting, 5-point adjustment; seat trim, foot pegs, hip pads, thigh grips and backrest
- Large rear and fore hatch, plus day hatch and pod for great gear capacity and load versatility
- Features skeg and bow recess to take a compass as standard
- High strength, full deck lines and bungees for ample storage and rescue options
|Length:475cm||Width:57cm||Internal Cockpit Length:81cm||Internal Cockpit Width:42cm|
|VOLUMES & HATCHES|
|Total Volume:267l||Front Hatch:65l||Day Hatch:22l||Rear Hatch:40l Mini Hatch:4l|
|Corelite Weight: 28.2kg|
|Length||475cm / 15' 7"|
|Width||57cm / 22 .5"|
|Internal Cockpit Length||81cm / 32"|
|Internal Cockpit Width||42cm / 16 .5"|
|VOLUMES & HATCHES|
|Total Volume||267l / 70.6 US gal|
|Front Hatch||65l / 17.2 US gal|
|Day Hatch||22l / 5.8 US gal|
|Rear Hatch||40l / 10.6 US gal|
|Mini Hatch||4l / 1.1 US gal|
|CoreLite||28.2kg / 62.2lb|
|Load Weight Range||65 - 125kg / 143 - 275lb|